9 key reasons to invest in CAIRDAC
Cairdac has developed the world’s first leadless self-sustainable dual-chamber pacemaker with a lifespan of > 15 years –as opposed to an averaged current lifespan of 5 years – positioning CAIRDAC on a NEW market segment.
CAIRDAC’s pacemaker does not require connecting leads or generator therefor the procedure of implementation requires a minimal invasive surgery (implanted endoscopically) and less discomfort for the patient.
CAIRDAC’s pacemaker is designed to last over 15 years. A pending patent enables to offer a reliable product thanks to multi-tube packaging with ceramic and titanium windows and gold brazed tubes.
A disruptive piezoelectric energy harvester
The piezoelectric harvester module created by CAIRDAC transforms the kinetic energy of the heart into electrical energy. The device is able to capture the heart’s oscillations thanks to a technology developed by CAIRDAC’s team.
CAIRDAC’s pacemaker, thanks to its piezoelectric module is self-sustainable and is able to offer a vast array of new applications.
The first rechargeable battery used for pacemaker
CAIRDAC’s pacemaker is the first pacemaker to use rechargeable battery, existing products on the market all use primary battery.
The use of a rechargeable battery is made possible thanks to the surplus energy harvested by the piezoelectric module. Therefore, a rechargeable battery is also implemented in order to store the exceeding energy.
The battery also plays a security role if the harvester breaks down. The battery has up to 6 months of self-operating period, it allows patients to safely reach a nearby healthcare facility.
An energy surplus that allows multiple features including multi-chamber compatibility and communication
- Inter-capsule communication allowing the first leadless multi-chamber pacemaker
- Data storage facilitating the patient follow-up
- New sensing device
An experienced team of 13 engineers + an Executive Team with over 120 years of cumulated experience
CAIRDAC’s team is composed of 13 focused engineers.
CAIRDAC’s pacemaker was born out of the alliance of skills essential to the successful development of this innovative pacemaker. It’s a balanced combination of people having:
- more than 30 years devoted to piezoelectric technologies at VERMON, the leading company in ultrasonic diagnostic & therapy
- and experiences in Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) technologies and pacemakers.
A strong and resilient market – valued at around $3.9bn in 2019 with strong growth drivers due to demand for dual chamber leadless pacemakers.
The market addressed was valued around $3.9bn in 2019 with a robust CAGR of 2.9% in market value ($) and 4.7% in unit volume.
Strong underlying trends are driving the market positively such as:
- The increase in prevalence of cardiovascular diseases across the globe
- Growing ageing population in developing regions
A consistent portfolio of 41 patents
CAIRDAC has an extensive patent portfolio to ensure its long-term sustainability. To date CAIRDAC has 41 patents.
Patents allow to protect the different modules developed by CAIRDAC for its pacemaker:
- Piezo harvester
- The structure of the pacemaker itself and its battery
- The anchoring system
A coherent business plan over the next 5 years
The business plan foresees a market launch in 2025.
The management team sets up a precise schedule. An Nguyen-Dinh (CEO) has an excellent visibility on the next steps of the product development and the consolidation of the existing team.
CAIRDAC in order to achieve key milestones development, anticipates a A-Series financing requirement of €7.5 in 2021.
The value chain is fully mastered by CAIRDAC
- Delivery tool for access allows easy implementing of the pacemaker with minimal invasive procedure
- Leadless self-sustainable pacemaker allows to store and transfer data
- The central database stores, secures and analyses the data before transmitting it to the healthcare professional in charge of patient follow-up